Our 2021 Fringe Festival will take place from August 10 – 14, 2021!
Since 2014, the ON THE EDGE Fringe Festival has been a forum for professional and emerging alternative theatre and performance in North Bay, Ontario. Our objective is to provide a diverse cultural and entertainment experience for our community and to promote and support theatre talent from our region and abroad. Every year the festival presents shows ranging from folk/indie music, sketch and stand-up comedy, contemporary dance pieces, and slam poetry to storytelling, multi-disciplinary performance art and more traditional theatre works. The festival programs up to 12 artists/companies per year in four venues within North Bay’s Capitol Centre. In addition, the festival hosts pop-up performances, arts installations, and curated exhibitions through the multi-arts incubator, Duality, and produces a curated theatre festival, the Sun Dog Theatre Festival, every winter.
We are a small fringe festival in a small city nestled on the shores of beautiful Lake Nipissing, just a few hours away from both Toronto and Ottawa. We believe that our small size and picturesque landscape provide our participating artists/companies and festival goers with a unique and intimate fringe experience.
ON THE EDGE Fringe is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF), and is governed by CAFF’s five guiding principles:
- Participants will be selected on a non-juried basis. Find out more about our Lottery here.
- 100% of ticket revenue goes back to the artists.
- We have no control over the artistic content of each performance. The artistic freedom of the participants is unrestrained.
- We must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate in our festival.
- We will promote and model inclusivity, diversity and multiculturalism, and will endeavor to incorporate them into all aspects of our organization.
Hey, remember when…?